Thursday, February 21, 2008

It continues!

Okay,now that we've got the basics clear,time to move onto the nitty-gritty.Block and tranny is to be sorted down south.what else is there?suspension and brakes.the two things a bike needs to use it's power and speed in a manner that doesn't kill the rider.
Thought of a few ideas such as a tzr setup(fr and rear) from mumbai.Spoke to Atul,he says no go.
Gives me number of one Tejinder who is purported to be a 2 stroke runner.I thank god and pray Atul drowns in the best weed this side of manali.Teji's good.
The duo suggested a P220 setup front and stock setup rear.Now,Tejinder here is bonkers as far as I can tell.Has all the schematics figured out and has access to a CAD/CAM guy who charges beer as fees.In Delhi,the worst I can get billed is 2k for a flower all job.After a series of marathon calls,a quick feed for my orphaned squirrels and dinner,I start calculating what I can afford without pushing this to ludicrous proportions.
Block ,tranny,fuelling,ignition:Big man(safe side 80-85k)
Brakes,suspension:Atul,Tejinder,Abhishek(slinghsot)
Cosmetic bits:me(no hayabhosda,dootatti,randy1 or neenja).i'm still thinking.
As far as lighting goes,i have Arjun and Shyam for the HIDs.But i'm putting a spin on it.I like the late 90's BMW light setup.Slightly oddball looking,but if i can replicate even 50% of that design i'll be happy.
BTW,the Dropkick Murphys rock!!

No comments: