Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm going to bangalore!

That's right,me hearties!The happy reaper is headed to Bangalore to get the bike back.Tejinder has been kind enough to let me crash at his place,so now all i have to do is show up,cart the bike over to Ron's and get her fired up.
I plan on running her in there and then installing those wicked little pipes onto her.The family has been very supportive of all this madness and I'm very,very happy.
I've never mentioned how my family has been involved in this project,so here goes.

Dad,for listening to me patiently,putting up with gross stupidity and occasional bailouts.Not to mention making his tools disappear when he most needed them.

Mom for not taking my case when she'd see my bank statements and grease stained T shirts and road rash skittered fore arms from riding bikes.

Sister no 4:Divya,helped me score parts from Bombay,gave me writing assignments for Vitamin M.

Sister no 1:Pooja,has indulged my madness,ordered very expensive stuff for me and the bike.

I'd like to thank whoever has helped me physically in getting her this far.

1)Rohinton Dara Chinoy - For guidance,taking up the engine build,learning and generally making me see some sense.
2)Tejinder Pal Singh - Friend and 2 stroke nerd extraordinaire,parts supplier and supporter.
3)Shyam Mohan - Friend,partner in crime,fellow 2 stroker and a very helpful guy.
4)Ashwani Rana - Workshop owner,ex racer.If it wasn't for him I would never have known what a 2 stroke is.
5)Mohith Saradhy - Cool Mohith,diplomatic to the core.Thanks for getting the old man to take my job.
6)Tanya and Eman - My neighbour's kids.They helped me paint the bike and get my enthusiasm back for this project.
PS:I remember once asking them for ideas for a date.Tanya was 14 at that time and i think Eman was about 9.The 14 year old said cut the power to her flat and have a candle light dinner.The 9 year old gave me very sage advice saying I should gift my then girlfriend a frog.
Gotta love astute kids.
7)Nikhil Mahajan - Uber nerd and very good friend.Helped me cart the bike and gas tank around when i managed to pull a muscle in my lower back.

It's been a very weird 3 years since I tore the bike down and crated her.All the people I've mentioned and by association their friends who have wished me well on this project will always have my gratitude.
I'll be taking a few pics and uploading them when I get to Bangalore.Till then,like someone said in a brilliant cult movie,"I'll see you on the flip side."

No comments: